Ohio: are you looking for a rewarding career or side hustle with flexible hours and benefits? Being an All Star driving instructor might be the opportunity for you.
Teaching people how to drive is the perfect job for those who want to make a positive impact on others on their own time. If scheduling your own hours to teach people useful and necessary skills sounds like what you’re looking for in a job, keep reading.
You will need to meet the following requirements to be a driving instructor in Ohio:
- Complete 32 hours of in-class observation time and 16 hours of behind-the-wheel observation time
- Complete an online instructor course and an online sexual harassment training
- Pass a physical, FBI and BCI background checks and a driving abstract, which is like a background check for driving
- Have a valid driver’s license with no more than five points
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Have no felonies from the past 10 years or misdemeanors from the past five years
- Get clearance from the BMV to instruct drives
Once you’ve completed these steps you can get to teaching!
Why All Star?
Working with All Star is different than teaching at other driving schools. We’re the only driving school in Ohio that offers our instructors benefits like medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, employer-matched 401(k) and competitive wages. This summer in Columbus, we’ll be paying all of our instructors $25 an hour. We also offer incentives, too, such as a $750 payout upon completion of training, receiving your instructing license and getting hired at All Star.
Spring and summer are the best seasons to work with us because we offer special incentives! If you work 30 hours or more weekly you receive $300 a month until May 16th, and if you work 35 hours or more a week you get $500 a month through August 8th. Additionally, after 30 days of working with us as a certified instructor over the summer, you get a $1,000 bonus. Sign up today and reach out to our recruitment team to get fast-track training before summer! For more information, watch our instructors talk about why they love working with All Star.
Questions? Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org!