Fall Weather Means Its Time For A Seasonal Maintenance Check
Fall is a great time of year to prepare a vehicle for adverse weather conditions. It is great to enjoy the autumn air, but remember with this time of year comes more volatile weather patterns. Traditionally, tire shops and dealers tend to have discounted services and promotions starting in November. However, there are many reasons why buying tires or receiving pre-winter maintenance is more advantageous during early fall for your car. Here are just a few reasons to service your vehicle in autumn:
- New tires and proper air pressure increases fuel economy
- Better tires increase responsiveness in rain and snow
- New suspension increases handling
- Increased vehicle reliability
- Diagnosis issues before they become catastrophic (cold weather can cause struggling vehicles to break down)
Therefore, being better prepared can save you hundreds to thousands in gas and repairs.
This fall don't put off vehicle maintenance to save a few bucks, because being vigilant now can save you much more in the future.
For additional recommendations please check out this helpful article from US News.