5 New Years Eve Driving Safety Tips For a Prosperous 2020
Each year there are thousands of deaths related to drinking and driving accidents. New Year's Eve is one of the most common nights for drivers to choose to drive under the influence. All Star urges everyone to stay safe this holiday season and avoid driving during higher accident potential times. We understand that there are times when this is unavoidable so we have come up with a list of top driving safety tips to bring in the new year. And above all, please don't drink and drive!
- Avoid Driving late at night - Drive to your event during the day or leave early before it gets too dark and plan accordingly.
- Drive with extra care - Give yourself an extra second at stop signs and traffic signals (before entering intersections watch for people running lights or sliding through during icy and wet conditions.) Be alert- double check blind spots and watch for oncoming traffic.
- Make sure your car is in good running order - Check tires, breaks, and fluid levels to ensure you won't get stranded.
- Have a back up plan - Be sure to have numbers saved for a ride, an emergency contact and schedule pickups/drop offs in advance.
- Take a driver safety class - All Star offers a variety of adult online classes and private behind the wheel lessons.
For additional tips on night driving along with best driving practices in general please visit the National Safety Council website: https://www.nsc.org/road-safety/safety-topics/night-driving