Advantages Of Snow Tires
November is often the time of year when drivers should switch their all season tires to snow tires. Studies have proven that having tire tread that most closely matches the weather conditions improves the safety of your vehicle. Also, the rubber of these tires are better equipped to adjust to the falling and sub-zero temperatures during winter. Many tire shops will store your winter set for you if you do not have room in your garage.
Other things to consider, is driving two sets of tires can extend the life of your tires! And the proper tread for the right conditions can improve the ride and responsiveness of your vehicle.
In addition to equipping your car with the right tire, be sure to check the condition of your tires. Here are a few things to check for:
- Check the tread depth of your tire (tread depth should not be less than 2/32 of an inch)
- Check the air pressure of your tires (air pressure requirements should be on the inside of your drivers side door)
- Inspect for any abnormal wear ( this can identify suspension and alignment issues of your vehicle)
- Be sure to inspect the sidewall of your tire (multiple bubbles on the sidewall can indicate belt and interal tire damage)
- Rotate your tires regularly
Maintaining your vehicle for winter and severe weather is crucial to your capability in these adverse conditions.
Here is a link on how to check proper tread depth https://www.goodyearautoservice.com/en-US/tire-basics/tread-depth.
For additional information on how to drive in snowy conditions please visit our youtube channel at: Youtube.com.