Teaching people how to drive is the perfect job for those who want to do something rewarding but convenient. If self-scheduled, flexible hours and employee benefits sound like what you’re looking for in a career or side hustle, then becoming an All Star driving instructor is the opportunity for you.
You will need to meet the following requirements to be a driving instructor in Michigan:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license for at least five years
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Complete 120+ hours of training over a minimum of three months
- Pass an FBI background check
- Submit a $45 application fee
- Submit a certified medical examination from the past 90 days
- Have a clean driving record
Why All Star?
Working with All Star is different than teaching at other driving schools. If you’re already trained, we will beat your current wage. If you’re not trained yet, we will reimburse you for the cost of our Instructor Preparation Program (IPP) once you start working with us. Instructors who work at least 30 hours a week are eligible for benefits like medical, dental, vision, paid time off, employer-matched 401(k), and bonus programs. Some of these programs include:
- $1,500 bonus for previously trained instructors who have worked with us for 30 days
- $1,000 bonus for new instructors who have worked with us for 30 days
- $500 bonus for referring instructors to All Star
Why Now? RECRUITING FOR 2023 CLASSES NOW!!!
Make a positive impact on your own time by becoming an All Star driving instructor. All Star will be holding Instructor Preparation Programs around the Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Traverse City areas. Reach out at r[email protected] for dates and time of our training program.
For more information, watch our instructors talk about why they love working with All Star.