Ten Tips To Get Lower Car Insurance For Your Teen Driver
We have all been there! Starting out as a new driver auto insurance rates tend to be very high. If you take precautions early enough you may be able to reduce those costly expenses. By empowering your teen to be more responsible, get good grades, and even by picking the right vehicle for them you can save them hundreds to thousands of dollars. According to some leading insurance companies along with national surveys All Star has come up with 10 tips to help you out:
- Take advantage of good student discounts (many car insurance companies reward honor roll students with cheaper insurance as statistics finds them to be more responsible)
- Install ant-theft devices (insurance for cars with security systems tend to be lower)
- Take a Defensive Driving course check with you insurance company to see if they offer this discount
- Pick the right car insurance for your teens needs – check the deductible- and coverage options
- Make sure your teen is informed by using Teen Driving Tips and reinforcing best practices even after Drivers Education this will avoid accidents.
- Does your teen drive short distances or is an occasional driver? ( starting out as an occasional driver on your parents insurance can not only ease them into driving but can save on your wallet as well)
- Choose the right Vehicle for your teen ( safe, reliable and non-sporty vehicles tend to be lower to insure than others – also be sure to get a quote before purchasing- some import car models such as Subaru, Honda and Toyota may actually be less than more popular models)
- Insuring on the parents insurance policy tends to be less than having their own policy ( find out if this is right for you and your teen)
- Look into PLPD or Comprehensive Coverage as long as there is not a loan on the vehicle having a lower coverage plan can make sense from a cost savings perspective
- Some insurance companies have accident forgiveness – plan in advance for your teen and perhaps shopping around or talking to your insurance provider may get you the best rates. If you are a long term client more than likely they will look into cost saving options for you and your family.