A lot of us are stuck at home with some extra time on our hands. As Spring rolls in, what better time than now to start our Spring cleaning? Spring cleaning is important because over time, items we buy or collect build up and bog us down. Its actually freeing to have less things, especially when you haven’t used them in a long time or don’t feel attached to them anymore. Not only that, but its important to maintain a clean environment while we’re battling COVID-19. Here are some tips for decluttering your home in time for Spring:
- Think about what specific areas need decluttering: your wardrobe, your items and decor, your car, etc. It can help to assign certain days of the week to a certain area that needs decluttering so that you don’t get overwhelmed.
- Consider placing things in categories. Things that are trash, things to store away, or things to give away.
- Clean those places that you never think to clean! Does your microwave have some gunk in it thats gone ignored? Has dust been collecting in a hard to reach space? Nows the time to clean it up!
- Clean under large furniture items. Long forgotten spaces have probably built up a lot of dust and debris over the months.
- Wash your windows – make sure the sunlight is coming through crystal clear glass!
- Use Facebook Marketplace or Nextdoor to sell your items. These are great alternative to yard sales where you can make some extra cash off your old stuff!
- Consider donating items you don’t want to Goodwill or Salvation Army. If you have some good quality items that need a home, I’m sure someone would appreciate the donation.
- Don’t just declutter your car – CLEAN it! For a lot of us, our cars build up junk and scum over the Winter. Do a thorough cleaning of the inside and outside of your car – it’ll thank you later!
Spring is the perfect time to clean out your old belongings and start fresh. A decluttered space leads to a decluttered mind.